How to restore copper surfaces to mirror shine without toxic acid and grinding
Despite copper’s strength and versatility, its unique aesthetic qualities can easily be reduced and its iconic shine dulled by harsh industrial cleaning chemicals and improper cleaning techniques.
At Reba Scientific we are dedicated to copper surface restoration without toxic acid so your copper tanks, machinery and systems maintain their original beauty. We have a team of expert chemical engineers and copper specialists who can restore your tarnished copper to its original mirror-like lustre with our copper tank cleaning and polish services.
Passivation service with ASTM A967 protocol
Save money, keep your employees safe and take care of the environment with Reba Scientific’s passivation procedures.
We are the passivation experts; our team of experienced chemical engineers and metallurgists offer a wide range of solutions for metal surface treatment, and we are committed to tank passivation without toxic chemicals. All our solutions are safe and effective, using plant-based products and tried and tested techniques that ensure your metals aren’t harmed during the process.
How to remove tea staining on stainless steel
Tea staining happens when the surface of stainless steel becomes discoloured due to corrosion. One of the most common places for it to occur is near the sea. Tea staining can happen up to five kilometres from a beach with high levels of surf, or up to one kilometre from a beach with calm waters. Both wind and weather conditions play a decisive role in the extent of tea staining, and in some cases, it can occur up to 20 kilometres from the coast. The most important factor is proximity to a salt source; the shorter the distance, the more likely the chances of corrosion.
In addition to areas that are close to the sea, subtropical and high humidity climates also have a higher risk of contributing to tea staining.
Five things to know before coating copper tanks with lacquer
At Reba Scientific, we work with countless breweries and distilleries to help them keep their copper tanks spotless. Copper tanks are at risk for corrosion and staining, especially when exposed to humidity, sunlight, abrasion, air pollution and even touching.
One of the best solutions to protect your copper tanks so they can keep their iconic lustre is the right tank coating services. The copper surface lacquer coating process is no easy task and requires years of experience and expert knowledge to do it correctly. There are five things in particular that you need to know before any copper coating process:
- Types of copper – The type of copper used in your brewery tanks will help determine what kind of lacquer we use.
- Types of lacquer – It’s essential to know which lacquers are explicitly designed for use with copper. You must also consider tarnish inhibitors and the humidity and pollution levels of the environment your tanks are in.
- Room preparation – Make sure the area where you will apply the lacquer is maintained with extremely low levels of particulates, such as dust, airborne organisms, etc.
- Surface preparation – Copper must be thoroughly cleaned (with the right solutions) before application of lacquer.
- Application – Applying lacquer is a complicated process that requires extensive training to do correctly.
We highly recommend lacquer for copper tanks to keep them as beautiful and lustrous as the day you got them.
Get in touch today for our safe, effective and affordable copper lacquer services.